Monday, January 15, 2007

The time has come to say goodbye

It was funny walking out of the Swamp on Saturday after the championship celebration.

As I left out of the southwest side of the stadium, I saw legions of fans blocking Dallas Baker from walking out of the stadium.

I saw Cornelius Ingram stopped on his scooter to sign autographs.

I saw countless others waiting for players to come out next to the Florida Gym.

I guess this is what life is like when you are the champion. The same thing happened to the basketball team. People followed Joakim Noah to class, waited through his lecture and then asked for an autograph.

Now the football team has reached the "Aerosmith" status that Noah referred to.

I have one message for the football team: Don't let this get to your heads, but enjoy it too. Don't big time fans, but do what Ingram and Baker did. Sign the autographs, mingle with the fans and soak up the experience, because you might never get a chance to do it again.

I thank everyone who has made Gators in Glendale possible, the list of names is too long to put down here. To tell you the truth, I'm afraid if I start listing I'll forget a name or two.

But, most of all, thank you to the readers.

Please continue to read the Alligator and surf alligatorSports.org for all of your Gators sports news.

No comments: